Wednesday 23 June 2010

Ssssh and Shut Up.

This last week has been long...I am more tired than i have ever been in 6 months. Tabitha-Lo's teething is keeping her up, she is grinding her teeth until her gums bleed. I have spent a few nights face down on the nursery floor, randomly saying 'ssssh' and 'shut up' which is by the way NOT the recommended way to settle a six month old in pain but it seemed fitting at the time! Bless her little head though four top teeth all in one hit is seriously crap and if i wasn't so very tired i would care more.


I am also talking about going back to work. Not to London where i worked before but finding a new job locally...It is scary, I'm not sure nursery managing is going to be right for me when i have a family to go home to. The pressure and paperwork can take over your life. I don't want to spend the day looking after other peoples children when mine is with someone else. So i'm looking about thinking what else might suit.....answers on a postcard to the usual address.

6 comments:

  1. join the bad mummy club ;-)
    hope the poor mite is better soon so you can both sleep x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know how you feel. This week I've mostly been sleeping between 2 cots to save stumbling around like a zombie every half hour! The heat's not been helping either :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im looking into doing a BioSculpture nail course, that way I can work evenings & wknds when it suits me.......the thought of leaving Willow with someone else is unbearable! I know someone who owns a salon down the road from me who would is happy to let me rent her window on a sat, you can take upto £40 per appointment around here so its good easy money! Look into working for urself hon or maybe child minding? that way you wont miss out on little Sherbie x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats a good idea gives you some flexability..Im not sure about doing hands on childcare i've been office based for a while now, case of been there done that. I think i could do with some adult time eventually too...i've always been lucky and the right thing always turns up in the end. Fingers are crossed though and i might start buying lottery tickets! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fingers are also crossed for some sleep this week, its still the same at the moment! boooooooo.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fingers are also crossed for some sleep this week, its still the same at the moment! boooooooo.....

    ReplyDelete