Friday 26 August 2011

Restaurant review: Satori Gyoza, Kingston.

Last weekend I fell on my blogging feet butter side up if that makes any sense to anyone else?

I was child free for the weekend and given two great review opportunities to experience.

Our first was lunch at Satori Gyoza, a Japanese restaurant located in Bentalls Department Store, Kingston.



I love Japanese food and thought this was too good to miss.

The restaurant is situated within the department store so this is not your 'date night' kind of place but for good food whilst out shopping I was really impressed. The staff were very friendly and helpful, willing to help you select from the menu if it was all too confusing for you. The conveyor belt seating is a must for those with older children, the plates are all colour coded by price so as they pass by you know what you are spending. The prices were very reasonable and as we were child free we even indulged in a tasty Japanese beer or two.

There is also a open kitchen hot plate so you can see the food being cooked by the chefs which makes for great visual entertainment too. 

We had a lovely lunch. I would always suggest getting a Bento box as a great option if you have no idea what you are ordering and the sushi we chose was beautifully presented.

It has been a few years since I grabbed lunch in a shopping center and I can honestly say this beat the hell out of a burger from a fast food outlet!

We will be back for more, besides I saw some nice shoes there for Tabitha too!




No comments:

Post a Comment